Monday 24 September 2012

Rangefinders? Yes or no?

Are rangefinders really catching on?  How many people use them on the course?  If you use one, how much of a difference has it made in your golf game?

These are all the questions I ask when the topic of rangefinders comes up.  I have several available for purchase on my website but have limited experience using them.  Using a rangefinder did seem to make a difference when I golfed with a friend who owns one.  It was very useful knowing that I was exactly 80 yards from the green.  That made club selection easy and gave me the information I needed to adjust my golf swing for the distance required.  And, I made a great shot!  Could I have done the same without the rangefinder information, maybe, but having that exact distance took a lot of guess work out of the shot.

For individuals who golf a lot it might not be a big deal, but for those of us who don't get out near as much as we'd like and aren't the best at judging distances, I think it's a great tool to add to your golf bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment