Tuesday 7 August 2012

Catching up...

Wow, what a great summer!  We are having the best summer weather any one could ever ask for!  That of course has good points and a few bad points, very few bad points because I love the hot weather!  But... too much hot weather means there have been a few days it's been TOO HOT to golf!  Can you believe that?

Thankfully I've been able to find a few opportunities to play in some of my match games and even participate in a Senior Ladies Scramble last week.  The scramble is always a lot of fun and I've had the same playing partners for several years.  We always finish somewhere close to the top and this year was no exception!  We shot an even 72 and took 2nd place low net!  The gross winners only shot a 68!  Just think,,,, if we can shave off another 4 or 5 stokes!!!  Seriously, it was great fun and that is always more important than any score.  We got almost a whole nine holes in before the rain started and the rest of the round was a wet one.  Wet or dry we laugh!

To top off playing in the rain, one of my playing partners took off into the club house with my car keys... without telling me she had them!  Ok, I opened the trunk to put my clubs in, I know I had them, how could they be lost here in the parking lot?  I searched that golf cart ten times!  I checked in my golf bag, I checked the ground, I checked inside the car.  No luck so finally I figured I'd have to check with my partners, though I couldn't imagine why they would have them, but sure enough as soon as I entered the clubhouse - oh, Sue has your car keys!  Which turned out to be a good ending to a damp day!

Happy golfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment